Re: gep-2 redux, and gep naming

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

Looking at the Python world of PEPs, the lack of categories has not
really crippled it there. They have things like PEPs-about-PEPs
(meta-PEPs), policy PEPs, specific proposed changes (our action PEPs),
etc.

The thing that has kept it usable is that there is a clear index page of
all the PEPs, grouped by category and status (open, rejected, old, etc).
Another thing to note is that the Python PEPs are not numered sequentially. They have someone who hands out the numbers, so they are grouped in a way.

With our sequential numbering, it should be pretty easy to specify the grouping with some of the metadata at the top of the pages. It would be nice if the index page could extract a bit more metadata than just the title (I guess this is a reason to go for something more structured than HTML, or make it a requirement that people keep to the template's structure fully).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.