Re: Questions (keyboard accels, drag/drop, translation)

Hi,

You really want to mail gnome-devel-list with questions on using the
libraries - this list is for discussion of developing desktop bits
(panel, nautilus, etc.)

"Martin Craig" <m craig graffiti net> writes:
> 1. My app has a right-click popup menu but no menu bar. What keyboard
>    accelerator should I use to pop up the menu (F10?). Also what's the
>    easiest way to add an accelerator like this to a widget?

What you do is connect a handler to the popup_menu signal on the
widget with the popup (look at GtkTextView, GtkEntry for
examples). The popup_menu signal is automatically emitted in response
to the standard popup menu shortcut, which is Shift+F10.

> 2. I want to drag and drop text files from Nautilus onto a GtkTextView.
>    I am using gtk_drag_dest_set with GDK_ACTION COPY and connecting the
>    "drag-data-received" signal. However I seem to get two copies of
>    every drop. Any idea why this is happening?

Not offhand.

> 3. Is there an easy way to allow translation of glade2 files and schema
>    files (i.e. using .pot files in the same way as strings in source
> code)

You use "intltool" for this - look at other gnome apps for examples of
setting up the Makefile and so on.

Havoc