Re: Minutes for G2 release team meeting 2002-09-04

>   DONE: Frederic to write GEP (Gnome enhancement procedure) for
>   release-consistent version numbering  changes.
>   => Now in CVS as cvs/gep/proposals/gep-4.html
>      Discussion period for it ends 27th September 2002

Read through it, looks good.

One change (maybe it's not a change but the intent of the text already)
I'd like to propose is :

     * when  first  release  candidate  of  2.2  is released, modules are
       versioned as 2.1.90.T

I think that when we decide to release an RC1 in the near future, all of
the modules should be versioned 2.1.90.T.
So the "90", IMO, should be used for modules *before* going into RC1, and
after releasing RC1, we should use "91".

For those curious, I asked Frédéric why he used 90, and he said that he
wants to allow for more than one RC, but not more than 9 ;) Which is a
good point.

Other than that, looks good.  Maybe a sample timeline of a project could
be added to make it just a little clearer.  This is the sort of stuff you
don't want to have to think hard about when you want to do a release ;)

Thomas

And discover your lover
Between the legs of another
And he's loving it