Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

> 	The point is - that companies can't just "drop" an app from the
> platform; if they ship it, there is an expectation that they will be

Thats a new one on me. Companies regularly drop apps. They have to. Its
often well managed - fossilizing the code,  shipping it with never improving
feature sets, growing the maintenance charge exponentially..

There is a difference in open source though. If enough people -care- about
the app they'll fix it and maintain it seperately or bring it back to the
core because they have the ability to actually act if they care.

Alan