Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

On 31 Oct 2002, Luis Villa wrote:

> I'm not sure how the UI would work, but there has to be some solution,
> even if it's just 'and change the themes for app X to the theme for app
> X with the same name'. [In other words, 'if OOo has a BlueCurve theme,
> use it, otherwise, use defaults.'] At _least_ that level of
> functionality should be possible.

Umm.... Either OOo (mozilla, blender, evolution, crackfactory, ...) picks
up the theme change or it doesn't - and there is nothing you can really do
in the theme capplet if it doesn't (including if it is a sufficently old
version that is not awar of theconcept of theme changes).

> >  However I think it's worth noting that if moz gtk2
> > supports native gtk widgets under gnome2, than we should probably not
> > encourage the use of moz themes at all.
>
> (1) Galeon is the solution here ;)
> (2) Mozilla's idea of native widgets is... pathetic at best, and still
> involves a lot of 'doesn't look at all like gtk' stuff.
> (3) By continuing to focus on mozilla, you're completely missing the
> point- OOo is arguably just as important as mozilla, and Future
> Application Y that you're ignoring might be even more important than
> both of them. [Say, WINE?] What mozilla will or won't do is completely
> irrelevant to the question.

Yes, so you need an Xdesktop way of communicating about the "theme name"
change, similarily to the doubleclick etc values & colours. And hope that
the gtk+ pinpall theme actually matches the mozilla pinpall theme and so
on.

> Luis

	Sander

	There are voices in the street,