Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

You made me do it. ;)

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 08:43, Luis Villa wrote:
> (1) Galeon is the solution here ;)

It's not a solution. It's a temporary way of ignoring the problem.
It's the little broom you use to brush the problem under the rug.

> (2) Mozilla's idea of native widgets is... pathetic at best, and still
> involves a lot of 'doesn't look at all like gtk' stuff.

Don't get me started about mozilla's native widgets. :)

> (3) By continuing to focus on mozilla, you're completely missing the
> point- OOo is arguably just as important as mozilla, and Future
> Application Y that you're ignoring might be even more important than
> both of them. [Say, WINE?] What mozilla will or won't do is completely
> irrelevant to the question.

I don't think he's "focusing" on mozilla so much as using it as a
primary example of what needs to be done in metatheme. Yes, I'm
going to call it metatheme. SO is arguably just as important as
OOo as well. However, we can never guess what new apps may emerge,
and will support themes. These things will have to be handled on
a case-by-case basis. And if galeon/mozilla is going to be a core
part of the desktop (as it has been proprosed, but I am highly opposed
to, and no, not just because I am writing a gtkhtml browser), then
mozilla does need the most focus at this time.

--
Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr>