Re: Visual bell

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> I'm a little lost here about how we are going to decide what window
> border to flash when an app calls gdk_beep() ... we could always
> flash the focused window, but that would be confusing if some other
> app/window is actually the one beeping...

Xkb has an API that lets you pass in a window to the beep.
When we aren't using that we just have to assume the focused window is
beeping (this is almost always going to be true - the only thing I can
think of that beeps is vi anyway, and it will beep when you type in
it...).

We should perhaps add gdk_window_beep()/gtk_window_beep() sometime.

Havoc