Are Bounce and Slow keys mutually exclusive ?

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:00:40AM -0700, earl johnson wrote:
> Having radiobuttons designed so you have to add a third button that
> says don't select either one of those other 2 buttons seems bogus to me.

The initial design used stock checkboxes but put in place the
exclusion with to visible rationale for it.  Before talking about UI
can we please get a normative response on whther they actually are
mutually exclusive ?  XKB makes them distinct the sun AccessX
extension makes them conflict.  Which is correct ?