Re: New Modules in GNOME 2.2

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 21:16, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 21 Nov 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > other than 'this functionality should be split inbetween x server, control
> > > center and window manager' ?
> >
> > Replace 'window manager' with 'some other daemon' and it's pretty much
> > what it is now, and what it's gonna be like in 2.4, just more
> > integrated.
> >

> No, there is no need for yet another daemon - taking various actions in
> response to keypresses (aka shortcuts) si somathing the window manager is
> perfectly capable of doing. Similarily the configuration part can be done
> from the 'keyboard shortcuts' capplet.

I'll just point you back to the archives where we already discussed that
with Jonathan and Jody.

The plan for 2.4 is integration in the gnome-settings-daemon and the
keyboard preferences.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery