Re: [gst-devel] Re: Thoughts from FreeBSD on the upcoming GNOME 2.2

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:20:04PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I actually thought of that myself last night.  I'm going to try and get
> GStreamer working with our linuxthreads port.  I'll keep you posted on
> my results.

It might be easier and also more helpful to get the new GThread code
working.  I'm hoping that it will help to find some of its bugs, too.

> > > Our pthreads implementation does not allow
> > > applications to longjump between thread contexts.

Gstreamer doesn't change contexts between threads.  It splits up
the stack of a single thread into multiple cothreads, and longjumps
(or equivalent) between contexts in a single thread.  I don't think
this should be a problem with most threading implementations.

dave...