Re: XML API documentation

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:14:55PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:
> > Modulo an official release, the work needing to be done to convert the
> > API docs is all moderately routine, although it can be a bit fiddly in
> > places.
>
> Note that tarballs are supposed:
>
>  - To include the generated HTML
>  - To default to --disable-gtk-doc when configure is run
>
> So, the gtk-doc release is not really that crucial; it's
> only needed for people who want to hack the docs.

This isn't quite correct. A lot of packages use the configure.in from
the gtk-doc examples/ directory, which only (and by default) runs
gtk-doc if you have it installed.  Unfortunately, it is this "auto" mode
that is going to break (gtk+ has tweaked things so that 'auto' == 'no'
which is why you aren't seeing this, Owen). So we need a release and
maybe fix the example as well -- I have a couple of tweaks in the docs
and examples area that I'll send to the gtk-doc list.

Malcolm.

--
Two wrongs are only the beginning.