Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 14:39, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> Well if you add a use large font checkbox is the apply font button even
> needed?

Probably, because the theme might suggest a butt-ugly font that you
wouldn't want to apply anyway :)

> Is there any reason why gtk can't just automatically scale icons based
> on font size. This seems like a more correct fix than forcing users to
> unbreak the ui with a preference.

I would think an auto-scaling feature could be made to work for most
cases, yes, and even without it the user should rarely need to change
the default sizes for the seven icon types provided by the gtk theme.
So yes, maybe you're right to say we don't really need to clutter up the
GUI with this.

Cheeri,
Calum.