[no subject]

Just my 2 cents.

-----Original Message-----
From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of Calum Benson
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 7:40 AM
To: 'GNOME Desktop Hackers'
Cc: 'Gnome-i18n'
Subject: Re: [RE: gnome-session dialog on crack]

iain wrote:

> Why don't you change it dynamically to the same thing as the radio
> button says. I think selecting "Reboot" and then having to click
> "Logout" is confusing. Saying "They're all types of logout" is just
> semantics (or something).

I kind of agree with the sentiment here-- when "logout" is one of the
options, having the button read "logout" whichever option you've chosen
just makes it look kind of broken.

I don't think changing the button dynamically is necessarily the best
solution, though, as that complicates life for people who use
screenreaders.  Having the generic "OK" button that covered all bases
would probably be acceptable in this case, either that or redesigning
the dialog to be more like the Windoze XP one where there's one button
for each possible action.

Cheeri,
Calum.