2.0.0: where we stand tonight

With a little under a week left until freeze, there are 18 open 2.0.0
bugs, in various states. Here is where we stand:

Big, Nasty bugs:
74311: nautilus: crash on startup- most dup'd crash in gnome2 :/
75620: nautilus: mime-actions are pretty borked
72715: gnome-vfs/nautilus: menu-editing
81670: gnome-vfs: menus don't update with new files/programs

82557: cc: settings daemon crash on startup.

77772: sawfish: menu entries duplicated; 2.0.0 because it is /such/ high
visibility. Would probably be a set of one-line fixes for anyone who
wants to do them.
81723: sawfish: hangs everything on theme change
82337: sawfish: the viewport thing [will be punted if no one gives jsh a
patch]

puntable:
74974: nautilus: this is an utterly basic file browser behavior but very
few people seem to have noticed it is broken so maybe it isn't as huge
as we assumed :)
74120: nautilus: crash: no dups in several weeks; might be gone?
79778: gnome-cd: crash: several dups, but none in the past two weeks,
suggesting it may not be an issue.
78007: zvt: i18n in terminal; puntable because the worst parts may be
fixed with just-applied patch.

nearly resolved or already having PATCH:
73824: zvt: crash, has patch, but patch is 'bogus' acc. to maintainer :)
79345: gtk: menus updating on theme change- very visible in panel- patch
78113: gtk: gtktextview crash: has patch
82887: panel: the highlight thing. Possibly already fixed.
79231: nautilus: hangs in music view; has patch
75472: sawfish: tracking bug

Hope this clears things up: I'd love to hear from George and Alex about
the menu editing thing, and from other people about how puntable they
think those are :) I'd also love to hear from someone who has looked at
the sawfish theme capplet code. :/ [John, if you're out there :)

Luis

P.S. And of course:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2E322DA <- help bugs [17 open]
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E6CF23EE <- 2.0.1 [a lot :)

P.P.S. /Please/ let release team and gnome-i18n@ know about /all/ string
changes, and keep them to a barest minimum. I know kmarass and others
are possibly still talking about the best solution to that but in the
meantime we should respect the translators and the work they are doing
by not doing any gratuitous changes. Ditto for docs and UI- there should
be no need to redo UI at this point. Really. I swear. That means you,
DaveB. ;)