Broken sawfish (and some other problems)

1. I'm swedish so i have LANG=sv_SE in my env (wonder why)

2. Sawfish menus leaves empty items for those selections which
   contains the special swedish characters (a-ring and so on)

   WHY ??? It is inconvenient to say the least.

   and oh yes i'm running redhat 7.2 mostly with a mostly complete
   gnome2 desktop.

3. LANG=sv_SE breaks the install of a number of packages .. rahhh

4. GNU packages should allow building a program in a tree
   outside of the sources but a number of packages previously
   had some problems with that (broken Makefile.in mostly)

   Has this situation improved now ? Russ ??
   Anyone building GNOME2 for different archs with an nfs mounted
   source tree now adays and with local storage of build tree ?

5. What needs to be done to wmaker to regain a sticky panel ?
   What is the difference nowadays ??