Re: the coming of help

On 22 May 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

> ons 2002-05-22 klockan 04.47 skrev Sander Vesik:
> >
> > As a sneak preview (at least for those not having help working on their
> > desktop) of an help-enabled desktop, there are two screenshots:
> >
> > 	http://widget.gnome.org/~sander/scr1.jpg
> > 	http://widget.gnome.org/~sander/scr2.jpg
> >
> > And yes, other apps will help have aswell.
>
> Looks like your help is not working properly either, you don't have the
> TOC for the documents. I guess you don't have scrollkeeper set up?

I keep deleteing the scrollkeeper configuration so the scrollkeeper
sidepane doesn't come up. It takes up way too much space - the help window
needs IMHO to be small so it can be used in parallel to the app (or
really, several apps. The TOC is always 1 click away so wasting almost
half of the help window to show it seems really wasteful. It would be
really nice if showing/not showing it was configurable.

Compare for example:
	http://widget.gnome.org/~sander/scr3.png
	http://widget.gnome.org/~sander/scr4.png

The first is the default and is, at least for me way too wide making it
unusable. And while the sidepane might be a bit wider than it is on the
second one, if it is more than 10% wider than on the picture, it really
starts eating into the screen real estate and becoming obstructive. But
its just a really low level annoyance.

> Otherwise, nice shots :)
>
> Regards,
>   Mikael Hallendal
>
> --
> Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
> CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
> Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in