Re: libgnomeui accessibility patch

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 20:11, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Hi, Anders, everyone,
>
> We have a rather large patch that adds accessibility support for
> libgnomeui, and would like to see it integrated with the main source
> base.  Right now it lives in the ximian-atk-branch of libgnomeui.
>
> The patch is attached.  It is not with respect to HEAD, but rather to a
> March 30 snapshot.  However, most of the stuff should still make sense,
> and I can merge it myself if you think it is appropriate.
>
> Your opinions on this would be very valuable :)
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Federico

Hello Federico,

I've reviewed the patch and most of it looks good. I'm not sure if the
icon list accessible implementation should be in libgnomeui or if it
should be in gail. Also, the ::ref_child method for the icon list should
probably return a flyweight object representing just one icon;
implementing AtkImage and AtkText. (AtkText is easier to implement if
you use the helper functions in gail, that's the main reason for moving
the icon list implementation there).

The other things look good though, but they break the string freeze.
What should we do about this?

Anders