Re: Terminology: Perhaps in the future switch launcher -> Shortcut

Hello Dave,

> > I'm not sure if this actually the right list to bring this up, but i

cc'ing usability gnome org, which is IMHO the most appropriate list.

> > from using the term launcher for .desktop files in the panel and
> > nautilus to shortcuts. This is the term used by windows for similar
> > functionality, and sounds a little nice in my opinion. I filed bug 81210
> > with the hig on this.

I disagree. A shortcut can be made of files and executables, a launcher
only of executables.

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778