-----Original Message-----
From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of jacob berkman
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 10:31 PM
To: bharat tewari wipro com
Cc: Havoc Pennington; balamurali viswanathan wipro com;
'desktop-devel-list'
Subject: RE: Multi-head session management

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 00:15, bharat tewari wrote:

> > i propose a '--screen' argument, parsed by the x11 gtk backend (or
> > libgnomeui, if we have to).  this argument will override the screen
> > portion of the display name in --display or $DISPLAY.  if XOpenDisplay()
> > fails with this screen, then the default --display or $DISPLAY is used.
>
> In both cases, there will be added code in gdk x11 backened code wherein
we
> need to check the XOpenDisplay() with both parameters.

...which probably will only be able to go into gtk 2.2 (though i can't
speak for the maintainers).

are you guys going to work on an implementation, or would you like me to
look at it?

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to