Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
A comment from the sideline (I'm not so deeply involved to be applying
patches etc.): I find the most useful feature from NT's "Run" dialog that
one can also enter *files* in the textfield and it will be opened with the
default app for that type of file. Does the new Run dialog have this? (the
1.4 one gives a cryptic error message if you try to run a non-executable
file).

Good point!

For me, it's directories. Whenever I want to open a certain directory in the file manager (explorer), I type the name into the run dialog.

I would probably use nautilus a lot more if I could execute it like this.