Re: A few questions about GNOME2

Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl> writes:
> Right... so now this should be made accessible to the masses. Should I
> open a RFE bug, or is somebody already taking care of this?

Well, they sort of are. It's hard to file as a single bug though,
because it's unclear what the big picture is.

As possible parts of a solution you have:

 - gconf-editor
 - adding "Defaults" and/or "Revert"/"Undo" buttons
   to property dialogs
 - adding new GUI for "location management"
   and/or rollbacks
 - session management, named sessions

etc., there's a lot of stuff to think about. There's some old
stuff in the list archives about it but no real comprehensive
plan.

Anyway... first step is to work out what UI we want probably.
I think there's a delicate tradeoff here between full feature exposure
(gconf-editor is only showing a small subset of what you _could_ do),
and something that's kept simple (KISS is important for both usability
and implementation sanity...)

Havoc