Re: panel focus indication
- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- Cc: Chris Chabot <chabotc reviewboard com>, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: panel focus indication
- Date: 28 Mar 2002 11:58:25 -0500
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 11:12, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Chris Chabot wrote:
> > > My guess is that only highlighting the panel (with whatever method we
> > > choose) when the panel background is clicked or tabbed-to-- in other
> > > words, when it truly has keyboard focus-- would eradicate most of the
> > > complaints, since most users will never need to do either of those
> > > things in everyday usage.
> > Ofcource this leaves the issue open for people who select a background
> > color for the panel, or select a background image. They go from 'some
> > color' to bright highlighted grey.. quite a shocking experiance ;-) Was
> > this problem ever thought about when we decided to make the panel highlight?
> Yes ;-)
> I believe that background pixmaps are themeable (in pixmap GTK+ themes).
> Any pixmap stuff that an app does (including the panel) should be
> themeable. Logically the panel should only use pixmaps if the theme
logically /maybe/, but that's not how it works.
go to panel -> properties -> background.
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to
be complaining." -- moby
] [Thread Prev