Re: swallowed apps

> 	Hmmm. I'm struggling with this :( Are whatever use cases there
> are for this enough to justify the confusion most users will have
> about what the hell it is?
>
> 	what do you think?

STOP!

Just removing features isn't making our UI better! The average user doesn't
understand every think: Ok, what the hell. Nobody expects to understand every
part of something's design, it's easy to ignore.
But on the other hand it such options, that make Unix-like OSes what they
are: Something to adapt to one's needs. We should not aim to a stupid even my
cat understands user interface, but we should build an environment every body
can use. The main goal should IMHO that a user can grow in a system. He
should be able to learn. It's not neccesary to understand things like this in
the first hour. But can you as gnome developers understand the needs of all
your users?
In this list often people say options are "on crack", and then remove them,
but what is the *problem* with options. Ok one argument of the UI/Usebility
people is right: Make an default that works for all, not a billion broken
options. But this is not an sorry excuse for bad design, it is a possibility
for the users.
Keep in mind: Unix is a toolbox, not a set of Gates like policys (use
passport etc). Not everything a not gnome developer uses is availible as
pannel applet/docklet/term of the day.

Martin H.