Re: dropping files onto launchers

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 11:56, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Morning Jacob,
>
> On 27 Mar 2002, jacob berkman wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 05:11, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > > 	Just a heads up. You may drag and drop files onto launchers
> > > and the app gets opened up with the file you dragged onto it.
> > >
> > > 	*but* each app that wants to support this must have %F, %U
> > > etc. in the Exec field of its .desktop file. Please read
> >
> > how are normal users ever going to be able to do this?
>
> 	click on a file on the desktop, drag onto the launcher icon
> and drop - or am I misunderstanding your question ?

i meant about adding the %F stuff.

but i guess they will just be adding launcher from menus, so should all
our menu .desktop files have %F and %U in them too?

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to