Re: swallowed apps

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:24:38PM +0000 or thereabouts, Calum Benson wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >
> >         Okay, who uses the swallowed app feature in the panel? What's
> > the use case ?
>
> I've seen one or two people use it to embed a console on their panel
> (both on GNOME and on CDE, as it happens), but that's about it.

When I moved from fvwm2 to Gnome with fvwm2 (small box, didn't have
the power for E at the time), I would get the "Not running a GNOME-
compliant window manager" and no Gnome pager as a result. So I used
"Swallow app..." to swallow the fvwm2 paget into the panel. :)

I have also seen people have a very small television picture in the
panel. I think that may have involved "Swallow app.."; but I am not
sure.

Wow. Right-justified reply there. Spooky :)

Telsa