popping up a menu from a bonobo object

hello!

the problem that I have is the following: I have a class derived from
BonoboObject. when it has its UIContainer set (like when a control that
it is wrapped in is activated), it merges its UI. now, I would like to
describe a popup menu in its xml UI file and pop it up when the user
clicks the 3rd button of the mouse.

how can I do this, if at all? note that I do not have a BonoboControl
interface at this point and of course, there is no BonoboWindow around ,
so I cannot use bonobo_control_do_popup() or bonobo_window_add_popup().

furthermore, I would like the control that will wrap this object to add
some of its items to that very same popup menu (using a different xml UI
file) and when the control gets embedded in a shell, the shell would add
some more items to that popup menu. is this feasible or is it an
overkill for our ape-API?

I suppose I could just move the popup menu one level higher to the
BonoboControl (although that does not really seem the proper solution to
me) that is wrapped around this object and use the
bonobo_control_do_popup(), but as I see it, the control has to use a
special UIContainer for the popup stuff, which is not what I want
because then, the shell will not be able to add its own items to that
popup menu.

can someone advise me on these issues?

oh, and btw, it's GGV that's causing these problems...

regards,
	jaKa

--

email: jaka gnu org