Re: .desktop -> bugzilla

On 19 Mar 2002, Luis Villa wrote:

> Some parts of it are probably quite trivially acceptable upstream; some
> parts are obsolete or badly in conflict with upstream; most relevantly,
> no one actually runs what is upstream so overall it wouldn't help the
> situation much. Hopefully that will change with 2.16, but there is no
> way we can get in our changes for 2.16.

They may not be running the upstream, but at some point they will be
runnning their own customisation of a newer version of upstream. If things
are badly in conflict it more or less means we are stuck with the (afaik
unmaintained) fork of bugzilla we have at the moment, and I fail to see
anything whatsoever good about that. Does anybody even know what amount of
security related bugfixes that have gone into bugzilla may be relevant to
our version?

> Luis

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding