Re: Default WM theme settings

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 16:35, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> The main issue behind the UI freeze is documentation. The docs dudes have
> already started taking screenshots of GNOME windows decoradted with Crux, so
> if there was any change, someone would have to offer their time to go
> through and re-take all of those screenshots.

Screenshots are too trivial to get in the way of this.  So, if a switch
is made to a different theme, I officially volunteer to make all new
screenshots myself!  I've got machines with both Gnome 2 and Gnome 1.4
at home, and I've been looking for a way to help contribute besides just
bugreporting as it is.  If there are documentation changes to correspond
with the new screenshots, I will take care of these as well.  I can work
on whatever deadline is provided and can make as many screenshots as are
requested.  (You heard me right - as many as necessary.  I realize what
this may entail but I think it's 100% worth it! :)

As for the Sanity engine, I guess I'm fine with seeing it rethemed, but
I have to wonder what advantage it would offer over retheming Klarth.
I'm open to the idea, but I'm not sure why we'd want to switch.  Jason,
comments?

Perhaps what we ought to do is try hitting up some good theme designers?
(Maybe Jimmac's got a few spare hours?  haha, I wish...)  I'd volunteer
to help with this part too, but my graphic design skills are about on
par with Jason's ;)

--
Jens Knutson
Network Administrator