Re: screenshot of Beta 2

Good day.

The name of the new icon is desktop-home.png. To fix your problem just go to your ~/.gnome-desktop and remove your home .desktop file. Nautilus will automagiclly regenerate it.

The reasoning behind the change; The old icon was called "temp-home.png", but it had been in use for over a year. Not very temp, eh?

I figured, if we don't change this now, we're going to be stuck with an icon called "temp-home.png" forever, or at least until GNOME 3.

I did, by the way, send a mail to desktop-devel-list announcing this change and telling theme authors that their themes needed to be changed. I suppose that I should have been more specific in that e-mail.

If you feel strongly about it, Havoc, change it back, I just think that it's lame to have a file name that doesn't describe what something is.

Josh

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Jamin Philip Gray <jgray writeme com> writes:

I'm guessing (though I'm not at my Linux workstation at the moment so I
can't test it) that if you change the X-Nautilus-Icon line in
~user/.gnome-desktop/user's Home from "temp-home" to "gnome-home" it might
work. I think the icon named temp-home was renamed.

Hmm, I can't test it because Nautilus is crashing on startup. ;-)

It sounds like a good theory; I think we need to put the old icon name
back, or everyone who's used GNOME previously will get a dumb-looking
icon.

Havoc