Re: Window Managers [was: Control Center Plus - gone?]

Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
> But the world is not only new users. Are the only valid use cases for
> gnome 2.0 'new user' and 'will just customise it all by
> hand-editingvarious scripts and using command-line gconf tool'? We
> definately seem to be headed that way.

Or gconf-editor, which is pretty reasonable as soon as someone adds
support for displaying the docs from the schema files, and some
planned special handling of things like colors. We also have the
"Advanced" submenu of Preferences, and I'm sure someone will write the
power-tweaker app that pokes various gconf keys.

> It would be far easierand more sensible (imho) to have them read

Stop right there in mid-sentence, and go read "User Interface Design
for Programmers." User interface rule #1: nobody reads anything.
Nor do they want to. And that includes advanced users...

Havoc