Re: Major issues with window list applet

On 11 Mar 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> > On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 13:35, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
> > > Right now the new tasklist just works.
> > > It's beautiful in it's simplicity :)
> >
> > The 'window list occupies all available space' thing, unfortunately,
> > doesn't just work. Things that look like empty space should be empty
> > space, and in the current setup with window list it isn't, which
> > confuses people quite a bit. This has been filed as a bug at least four
> > times already; see bug 72335 for the 'canonical' version.
> >

> This is just a bug though, not a design flaw.
>
> Alex - why do we have to use GTK-style request/allocate? The cheesy
> hack is to just have API for applets to get the current panel size.
> Or we could have Java-style ask-for-desired-width-at-a-given-height
> sizing.

Its certainly possible with some panel hacking. It just needs some work.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a short-sighted albino romance novelist with a robot buddy named Sparky.
She's a plucky tomboy mermaid with a song in her heart and a spring in her
step. They fight crime!