a happier, fitter command-line applet

I love comcast.  They kill my connection for a weekend and when it comes
back up, i find that somebody else completed the exact same work i
did...

Basically, I continued my work on a new command-line applet and managed
to finish it up yesterday.  I realize that the mini-commander applet has
received a huge overhaul and now works, but i thought there might be
some interest in what i put together.  I'm attaching a small screenshot
to show what it looks like.  Here's a rundown of the features:

* enter key to launch a command
* ctl-enter to launch a command in a terminal
* autocompletion of past commands, works while you type (see screenshot
for example)
* utf8-happy
* "Run: " text which helps clarify the applet and provides a place to
right-click
* minimal preferences (see screenshot)
* no frills (i.e. no clock, no file browser, and no large buttons taking
up precious panel real estate)
* small, clean codebase (under 700 lines)

the only thing it currently can't do is launch a particular program
based on the command typed, i.e. launch galeon when a user types
"http://www.gnome.org";, but i plan on adding that tonight.  Is there any
interest in moving to this post-gnome-2 or should i direct my efforts
towards integrating these features with mini-commander?

Todd