Re: Help suckage for GNOME2

On 3 Mar 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

> sön 2002-03-03 klockan 20.59 skrev Kevin Vandersloot:
>
> Hi!
>
> Is this inside libgnomeui? I was under the impression that applications
> should only add one menu item saying ("Help") or something which should
> call gnome_help_display ("ghelp:/usr/share/gnome/help/....");
>
> This should in turn fire up Yelp (with 'yelp ghelp:...').
>
> So why is libgnomeui parsing TOC-files? Or is this in your application?

This sounds like it assumes only one place to bring help up from, inc. no
context sensitive help (like say hitting f1 in a dialog box and getting
help about it). Otherwise you probbaly need to know what say
	help-> myapp -> complax_dialog_box

cerresponds to on the present box...

> Obviously I'm a bit confused :)
>
> I'm getting ready to release Yelp 0.3 which has the last outstanding
> feature (index searching) implemented. So from now on I can spend time
> on debugging Yelp and working together with someone on making things
> work together with the GNOME help system.

oh, cool 8-) One obvious starting point might be the author of the API 8-)

> So, whoever is in charge (if any) of making the things work in
> libgnome(ui?), please contact me if I need to make changes in Yelp for
> things to work as expected.
>
> Regards,
>   Mikael Hallendal
>

> --
> Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
> CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
> Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding