Bugs 73770 73773 - ideas

I finally got my gnome2 desktop back up last night and did some
testing and figuring out.

I am curious as to whether these wierd behaviours happen for people
who desktop set to HOME?

Wondering whether it may be something specific to the special nature
of the desktop.

Also further info, if after making a launcher on the desktop, you
copy and rename it, you can then copy to nautilus.

It then appears in nautilus applications:/// but not on the menus
even after a restart.

However if you try to edit the launcher it shows up blank.

Also if you create a new launcher within nautilus, everything works.