Re: naughty gnome2 desktop

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 14:46, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:
> > > 	Yes - please commit the fix; but only on the gnome-2-0-0 branch, we
> > > want a proper fix for HEAD I think if you can work on that.
> >
> > We most certainly do. That patch will make clicking on start-here a lot
> > slower, since it will launch a new nautilus each time you click on it.
>
> Maybe a better short-term-hack fix is in the panel, special-case the
> start-here: URI scheme. (Presumably file: is already special-cased to
> go to Nautilus? or is that because libgnome has a pref for file:
> handler?)
>
> It'll suck if start-here icon opens slowly.

On my system there's hardly any difference in speed between the two
methods.

As we're already able to rename links drop from nautilus onto the
desktop, meaning we don't have to create the links by hand anymore, I
think the best is for nautilus and the panel to create desktop files
that clearly mark nautilus as the handler.

It's so annoying not to be able to have a link to a webdav directory in
the panel, without having to edit by hand.

That would also fix the problem with nautilus trying to handle http URIs
as webdav when mozilla/galeon/whatever the user configured should really
be launched.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net