Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 13:01, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> > > you mean, do 2.0.0 from HEAD, work on 2.0.1 in a branch, and then merge
> > > that up after 2.0.0 comes out?
> >
> > No, I mean you make a -2-0 branch now, work on that, make 2.0.0 from that,
> > continue working on that branch for 2.0.1.
>
> the problem is we are working on 2.0.1 *now* and not stopping for 2.0.0.

Well, if you are that incredibly active, then the right branch structure is:

 -HEAD-----`-----------------
            \
              `-gnome-2-0 ------------------------------------
                           \                 \
                             `--gnome-2-0-0   `----gnome-2-0-1

Or possibly:

              `--gnome-2-0-0    `--gnome-2-0----------

If nobody is going to do non-bug-fix changes prior to 2.0.1. To me,
branching a module for a single dot-release just seems silly, but
I guess that's just me. I'd tend to just declare a freeze on commits
for  module and queue up outstanding patches in bugzilla.

Regards,
                                        Owen