RE: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate

really would like to know what is the decision taken on this?
i would appreciate if we can quickly take this decision up so that we can be
working on a known release with few regressions.
my vote goes for jacob's suggestion.
-----Original Message-----
From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of Havoc Pennington
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 4:29 AM
To: jacob berkman
Cc: Jeff Waugh; GNOME Desktop Hackers; GNOME Hackers
Subject: Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> to prevent disaster, i really think we need to branch all the modules
> for gnome 2.0.0 after this freeze point, so that only fixes for these 9
> bugs go in.
> since we (ximian/sun/[probably red hat]) are still working on 2.0.1 bug
> fixing, i'd say HEAD be open for 2.0.1 fixes rather than for 2.x.y
> hacking.

Is the plan then that when we freeze for 2.0.1, we would merge HEAD
back to the 2.0.0 branch and release that? Or create a 2.0.1 branch?

desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]