Re: automake fails on cvs modules

mike <mike redtux demon co uk> writes:
> I am trying to compile nautilus and ggv from cvs and both bomb as
> follows
>
> ,',','
>
> ./configure: line 1145: syntax error near unexpected token
> `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(ggv,'

You probably saw an error message from aclocal before this
happened. That error message needs fixing or things won't work.  It
was probably about duplicate macros; the best way to fix that is to
edit /usr/bin/aclocal to remove the line after the duplicate macro
error message (the line that sets the variable causing aclocal to
exit).

> I have automake 1.5 and autoconf 2.53

1.4 is the automake you really want for gnome cvs.  automake
unfortunately caused a world of pain by breaking compat without
renaming the automake binaries. This is addressed in future automake
versions I think.

Havoc