Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 12:27, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2002, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > > "In the workspace switcher, you can drag windows between workspaces, but
> > > dragging within a workspace doesn't cause the window to move (despite
> > > it moving in the workspace switcher view).
> >
> > Hrm. Seems like this is a regression- I thought it did that.
>
> No. It's an explicit design decision. Why would you want to move your
> window in a very very small rectangle when you can move the real window
> much easier. Enabling you to move windows in the workspace switcher only
> makes it harder to do the unique thing it does, move windows between
> workspaces.

Who are you to say whether or not I want to move windows around in the
small rectangle?

This sort of inconsistency (can move windows between workspaces, but not
from one side to the other of the current workspace) is just
infuriating.  And I bet it takes more developer effort to stop it than
to just let this work, too.

- Dick