Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On 18 Jul 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > This is an issue of learnability. There are clear usability pluses
> > > to our menu setup and I would be quite upset if we even considered
> > > changing it. I'm sort of sad that redhat has chosen too ignore
> > > this usability plus in their version of gnome2 (based on
> > > screenshots i've seen correct me if i'm wrong on this one).
> >
> > "You are wrong on this one". Limbo uses the default gnome2 menu
> > configuration by default.
>
> No it doesn't, it uses a setup more like our 7.3 setup.

Yep. The reason I was so sure was that I was judging from my Limbo setup,
which is a fresh one. What I wasn't thinking of at the moment was that
its /home is an NFS-mounted one, so it picked up parts of an old
gnome2 configuration that way. Oh well. Sorry everyone, nothing to see
here, please move on. I was the one that was 100% wrong and confused.

Christian