Re: Fifth-toe list

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 18:23, Sander Vesik wrote:

> > How about including metacity?
>
> tricky question - it might move to core instead, so the question could
> aswell be 'how about including sawfish'. besides, the theming in metacity
> might have to get a bit better first (look at the mess if you set the
> title font size to 18 or something).

If the theme is broken, sure. Most of my themes are for example ;)
But all the properly written themes can scale. And it's not like it's
hard to fix once you know how to make metacity themes.

> It is a potentialy very controversial issue and should imho be discussed
> in a separate thread. It would need to answer questions like 'what
> qualities should the window manager in core have' and 'should there be
> window managers in 5th toe, and based on what is teh set decided'.

metacity in 5th, I vote for it (even though it won't make much
difference to me anyway).

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net