Re: Xinerama maximization of windows
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: JeyaSudha <jeyasudha duraipandy wipro com>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Xinerama maximization of windows
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 05:37:17 +0100 (IST)
On 8 Jul 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie> writes:
> > > The maximization should be to the work area on a single physical
> > > screen. That is, a window should fill the physical screen it mostly
> > > overlaps, avoiding the panels. The code in theory already does this,
> > > but I haven't really tested it due to another bug.
> > How does that work? There's only a single root window per
> > logical screen (not physical screen) in Xinerama, no? Hence, there's
> > only one workarea ...
> Well, here is how it works at the moment, for better or worse:
ah, okay - when you said 'work area' I assumed you meant
_NET_WORKAREA or meta_workspace_get_work_area() :-) There's no way we
can currently have that work area per physical screen ...
] [Thread Prev