Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

Reginald Melchisedek Poyau <melchisedek earthlink net> writes:
> I think the menu as it stands is a total mess.  I mean it is like
> someone decided ( they did ) to just throw everything under
> applications://

I wish the Gnome menu just was the Debian menu with a few
gnome-specific things added. I'm sure the Debian menu system code is
free enough for the Gnome project to snarf and use as it's own system
(so it would work on non-debian operating systems). Gnome (at least on
debian) has the standard debian menu available as a submenu, and I use
that all the time instead of using the gnome menu.

(Actually, if KDE could do this as well, and the distributions, I
think users would really benefit. Maybe I should submit this idea to
the freedesktop.org project?)