Re: Location of Desktop Preferences menu (was Reducing the number of special uris in gnome)

I would like to at least have the option of having the capplets on the
menu somewhere.  Windows provides an option for having all the control
panel applets displayed in the settings menu, and I always enable this.
It cuts down on the click count, which is a big issue for me as a touch
pad laptop user.
Applications -> desktop preferences -> (capplet) is only 2 clicks,
whereas

Desktop-> preferences, (capplet) would be 4 (double click for the
applet)

I'm also against having more than 2 toplevel menus on the menu bar at
the top, as my 800x600 LCD display's screen realestate is very limited.

-Sam