Re: version of pyhthon needed ny libglade cvs

mike wrote:

As I have given up on getting alpha to work I am now trying to compile
cvs

Problem with libglade and python I get an error asking for python 2 with
expat - I have python 2.2.5 installed from rawhide

I dont even want python latest - so how do I get around this (libglade
from alpha compiled after I upgraded python)

If you are using Red Hat 7.2, the best way is to just install the python2 RPM off the distro CD. This is Python 2.1.1, and includes the XML parser modules. Python 1.5.2 simply doesn't have the modules in the library required for libglade-convert to run.

James.
(who thought there wouldn't have been anything wrong with requiring a version of python released this century to compile a piece of unstable software).

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/