Compiling sawfish

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

I'm trying to compile sawfish via vicious-build-scrips. It dies with the
following error:
SAWFISHLISPDIR=. SAWFISHEXECDIR=../src/.libexec SAWFISHDOCFILE=../DOC
/gnome/head/INSTALL/libexec/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libtool --mode=execute
-dlopen ../src/gradient.la ../src/sawfish --batch --no-rc compiler -f
compile-batch sawfish/wm.jl
You may only run one window manager
make[1]: *** [sawfish/wm.jlc] Error 1

It seems like it's trying to execute itself as a window manager in order
to compile som Lisp files. Is there a way to tell it to start as a
compiler only, without the window manager?

I also tried to compile on the console, but I got a "Can't open
display:" error (as was to be expected).

--
    Håvard

havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||+47 93 84 64 68
All it takes to start an avalanche is one snowflake||Or a snowboarder
     Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!