ChangeLogs (was Re: Releases without tags)
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>, gnome-hackers gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: ChangeLogs (was Re: Releases without tags)
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:38:55 -0500 (EST)
Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> Oh and ...
> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 20:01, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > It would be *REALLY* nice if people stopped the regrettable behaviour of
> > making ir-reproducible releases by not appropriately tagging the module.
> It's also _really_ nice if people stick a ChangeLog entry into each
> ChangeLog in their project that says simply:
> * Version Foo.bar.baz
> This tends to militate against having a ChangeLog per file - a
> direction some projects creep towards; and is highly useful for people
> who don't have a live connection and want to check when / if a fix was
Can fix the fact that libgnome, libgnomeui libzvt all have a changelog
in the directory with the sources and a separate changelog at the
toplevel? It seems completely extraneous and just an artifact of the
fact that they were split out of gnome-libs.
] [Thread Prev