Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop 'Alpha' Release
- From: Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>
- To: "Matthew J. Doller" <mdoller wpi edu>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop 'Alpha' Release
- Date: 11 Jan 2002 09:24:34 -0800
On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 09:02, Matthew J. Doller wrote:
> > And alpha isn't just for developers either. It is definately for everybody
> > to download (we are going to get binary packages as promised, right?) and
> > give it a test.
> if binary rpms are made available, would it be possible to have them be
> relocatable? if i'm going to install an alpha of gnome2, i'd like it to
> go into /opt, or /opt/gnome2
Well, theoretically, the RPMS are relocatable. However, since there are
current docs on relocating RPMs, these aren't tested. If you want to
test this feel free, and let me know where things break, and I'll see
what I can fix.
Portland, Oregon, USA.
] [Thread Prev