Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop Beta PACKAGES DUE: Monday, 14th January

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 07:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> GNOME 2.0 Desktop Beta PACKAGES DUE: Monday, 14th January
>
> Hi all,
>
> Packages for the first 2.0 Desktop beta are due on Monday, 14th January. By
> my (admittedly awkward antipodean) calendar, this is in 6 days.
>
> Please begin preparing your packages now. If you have the opportunity to
> release before the 14th - even if you end up making another closer to the
> date - it would help the release team's QA tasks immensely. Updated platform
> libraries are particularly good candidates to get out of the way quickly.
>
>   Feature and enhancement ChangeLogs (against 1.x) to accompany your
>   packages will make you stand out from the crowd, attract members of the
>   appropriate sex, and bless you with interesting fortune cookies for the
>   rest of your life. [1]
>
> Please post areas that need work, or cries for help in reply to this email.
> One obvious module that requires more contributors is Nautilus; please refer
> to the mailing list and Darin for things to do. In general:
> <http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/nautilus/TODO>

We could use some help on the control center applets. In particular:

 - We are busily rewriting the file types capplet and merging it with
the url properties capplet, as I outlined in a previous message to
desktop-devel-list. I will be committing the changes shortly and some
help in getting that work done would be much appreciated.
 - We would like to merge wm-properties in to default-applications and
add a file manager selector, but we are running out of time to do so.
 - ...and there are yet more tasks

If anyone would like to help with these things, please let us know, and
I will send more detailed notes. Thanks.