SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta
- From: Chris Chabot <chabotc reviewboard com>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: Uraeus linuxrising org, gleblanc linuxweasel com
- Subject: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:35:04 +0100
I have finished most of the planned updates for the spec files for gnome
2.0 beta. They are starting to be in realy good shape.
All that realy needs to be done still is replacing tabs with spaces, and
some small other cosmetic work. Some issues still exists, but are
related to a libtool bug which causes libraries not to be created when
the DESTDIR is not the prefix dir, but hopefully those bugs are being
worked on by the gnome hackers.
Overview of changes since the last time i pushed out a spec file set:
- Completely reworked dependency list (created a new tool that
autogenerates this from configure.in macro's)
- Fixed %find_lang macro for tons of packages
- Reworked %files lists of packages (and in the process created a new
tool to automate this)
- A slew of minor fixes, proper instalation of gtk-doc, good
scrollkeeper bookkeeping, etc..
Also i have created some new spec files for the recently releases
gnome-terminal, nautilus-mozilla/gtkhtml, the new gnome-core components
(panel, desktop and session), the gnome db packages, and gal2 / libole2
I'll build and upload the (S) RPMS proper once the last cosmetic changes
are finished, but since other people started to do there own spec files
to, i figured it be good to get the first update out there before we get
to much duplication of effort.
You can find the latest snapshot spec files at:
-- Chris Chabot
] [Thread Prev